Some Common Human Disease : 12th Class Biology Q Ans Lesson 29 – NIOS
INTEXT QUESTIONS 29.1
- Define the term disease.
Ans. Any condition which interfers with the normal functioning of the body.
- Give appropriate terms for
(i) the kind of disease which is present from birth – congenital
(ii) disease caused by malfunctioning of vital organs. – degenerative
- Name any two communicable and any two non-communicable diseases in humans
communicable diseases – small pox, chicken pox, syphilis, Influenza, Rabies
non-communicable diseases – Diabetes mellitus, Cardio vascular diseases, Cancer
- What does infestation mean?
Ans. Presence of large number of organisms on the surface of body.
INTEXT QUESTIONS 29.2
- How does chicken pox spread?
Ans. Contact or scabs
- Mention the most obvious symptom of measles.
Ans. Appearance of rashes on the body
- Which organ system of the body is affected by the polio virus?
Ans. Nervopuis System
- Name the causative organism of hydrophobia.
Ans. Rabies virus
- Which mosquito spreads dengue?
Ans. Aedes aegypti
INTEXT QUESTIONS 29.3
- Name the causative bacterium of (i) TB – Mycobacterium tuberculosis
(ii) Typhoid – Salmonella typhi
(iii) Cholera – Vibrio cholerae
- State the most obvious symptom of diphtheria.
Ans. Oozing semisolid material in the throat, form a membrane which blocks the air passage.
- What is the mode of transmission of leprosy.
Ans. Prolonged contact with patient.
INTEXT QUESTIONS 29.4
- Which mosquito carries stages of life history of the malarial parasite?- Female Anopheles
- Which protozoan causes amoebic dysentery?- Entamoeba histolytica
- Name the disease cause by Wuchrareria bancrofti.- Elephantiasis or Filariasis
INTEXT QUESTIONS 29.5
- Why is diabetes called a hereditary disease?
Ans. It is passed down from parents to offspring.
- What happens to the blood pressure in persons with hypertension?
Ans. The blood pressure remains persistently high.
- State one point of difference between malignant and benign tumour.
Ans. Benign tumor does not spread to other parts of the body, whereas
malignant tumor cells spread to other parts of the body.
INTEXT QUESTIONS 29.6
- How is HIV transmitted? Mention any three ways of infection.
Ans. AIDS may be transmitted through any of the followingmeans :
(i) Sexual contact with the affected person.
(ii) Using the same syringe that was used for affected person.
(iii) Blood transfusion which contains human immuno deficiency virus.
- Mention any two methods to prevent AIDS.
Ans. (i) There should not be any sexual contact with the person who has HIV infectionor STI
(ii) Use disposable syringe and needle.
- Write full form of HIV.
Ans. Human immunodeficiency virus.
- Give any two symptoms of AIDS.
Ans. (i) A type of lung disease develops (tuberculosis).
(ii) A skin cancer may be observed.
(iii) Nerves are affected.
(iv) Brain is badly damaged with the loss of memory, ability to speak and to think.
- Mention three general points the knowledge of which may control STD.
Ans. (i) Partner-notification.
(ii) Education of STD.
(iii) Screening for STD.
INTEXT QUESTIONS 29.7
- Name the pathogen that causes syphilis. – Treponema pallidum
- Mention any two symptoms of the disease gonorrhoea.
Ans. (i) Swelling of mucous membrane of urinogenital tract.
(ii) Burning sensation during passing of urine.
- Give the main method of checking syphilis.
Ans. (i) Prostitution and homosexuality should be avoided.
(ii) Certain medicines may check the diseases.
- What is a disease? How does it differ from disorder?
- Name the two categories of acquired diseases.
- Explain the term (i) parasitism (ii) reservoir.
- Give two symptoms of coronary diseases and of typhoid.
- What precautions should be taken to prevent malaria?
- Name the pathogen that causes diphtheria and the one, that causes cholera.
- Mention the four types of acquired diseases.
- Differentiate between :
(i) Communicable and non-communicable diseases
(ii) Pathogen and vector
(iii) Syphilis and gonorrhoea
(iv) HIV and AIDS
(v) Benign and malignant tumours
- How does polio virus enter human body? How does it paralyse limbs?
- A nursing mother is given an immunization for BCG and DPT to the baby. Whatare the diseases against which she would be protected?
- Give the cause, symptoms and treatment of haemorrhagic dengue fever.
- Give full form of STD.
- Mention any two sympotms of syphilis.
- State the means by which we may prevent and cure gonorrhoea.
- What does the term AIDS stand for?
- Write four possible symptoms of AIDS.
- Mention three general points which may control sexually transmitted diseases.
NIOS 12th class biology Q Ans
- Origin and Evolution of Life & Classification : 12th Class Biology Notes – NIOS
- The Kingdoms Monera, Protista & Fungi : 12th Class Biology Notes – NIOS
- Kingdoms Plantae & Animalia : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 3 – NIOS
- Cell Structure & Function : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 4 – NIOS
- Tissues & Others Level of Organization : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 5 – NIOS
- Root System : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 6 – NIOS
- Shoot System : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 7 – NIOS
- Absorption, Transport & Water Loss (Transpiration) in Plants : 12th Class Biology Q Ans Lesson 8 – NIOS
- Nutrition in Plants – Mineral Nutrition : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 9 – NIOS
- Nitrogen Metabolism : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 10 – NIOS
- Photosynthesis : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 11 – NIOS
- Respiration in Plants : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 12 – NIOS
- Nutrition and Digestion : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 13 – NIOS
- Respiration and Elimination of Nitrogenous Wastes : 12th Class Biology Q Ans Lesson 14 – NIOS
- Circulation of Body Fluids : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 15 – NIOS
- Locomotion and Movement : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 16 – NIOS
- Coordination & Control : The Nervous & Endocrine Systems | 12th Class Biology Q Ans Lesson 17 – NIOS
- Homeostasis : The Steady State – 12th Class Biology Q Ans Lesson 18 – NIOS
- Reproduction in Plants : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 19 – NIOS
- Previous:Growth and Development in Plants : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 20 – NIOS
- Reproduction and Population Control : 12th Class Biology Q Ans Lesson 21 – NIOS
- Principles of Genetics : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 22 – NIOS
- Molecular Inheritance and Gene Expression : 12th Class Biology Q Ans Lesson 23 – NIOS
- Genetics and Society : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 24 – NIOS
- Principles of Ecology : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 25 – NIOS
- Conservation and Use of Natural Resources : 12th Class Biology Q Ans Lesson 26 – NIOS
- Pollution : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 27 – NIOS
- Nutrition and Health : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 28 – NIOS
I hope you liked this post (some common human disease). Be sure to subscribe to receive all new posts from this blog straight to your email inbox. Like my Facebook page to get notifications of similar posts on Facebook.
If you have any problem in understanding –Some Common Human Disease : 12th Class Biology Q Ans Lesson 29 – NIOS then write in the comment box below.