Tissues & Others Level of Organization : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 5 – NIOS
INTEXT QUESTIONS 5.1
- Define a tissue.
Ans. a group of cells with similar origin, structure and function
- Give one word equivalent for the following :
(i) A plant tissue that consists of cells which continue to divide to produce
more cells.- Merisematic
(ii) The meristematic tissue responsible for the increase in thickness of the stem of a tree.- Lateral Meristem
(iii) The kind of plant tissues which consists of all similar cells – Simple
(iv) The category of plant tissues in which the cells do not divide – Permanent
- What do you mean by “cells of a tissue have similar origin”?
Ans. arising from same embryonic layer of cells
- Name that branch of Biology in which tissues are studied?
- What is a complex tissue?
Ans. composed of more than one type of cells all cooperating in performing common function
- Mention any two special features of the meristematic cells.
Ans. >> The cells may be rounded, oval or polygonal; always living and thin-walled.
>> Each cell has abundant cytoplasm and a prominent nucleus in it.
INTEXT QUESTIONS 5.2
- Give Two characteristics and one example of the location of the given tissuesin plants in the following table:
|S. No.||Tissues||Characteristics||Example of location|
|1.||Parenchyma||1. Round cells|
|Root, stem and leaves|
|2.||Collenchyma||1. Polygonal cells with thickenings at corners.|
|Petiole and Mid-rib of leaves|
|3.||Sclerenchyma||1. elongated and irregular in shape|
2. Dead and thicked walled
- Name the plant tissues which
(i) conduct water – Xylem
(ii) conduct food metabolites – Phloem
INTEXT QUESTIONS 5.3
- List the different types of animal tissues
Ans. Epithelial, connective, muscular, nervous
- Match the items in Column I with those in Column II by writing the
corresponding serial number within brackets.
Column I Column II
(a) Compound Epithelium ( ) (i) Epithelial tissue
(b) Basement membrane ( ) (ii) For increasing the surface area
(c) Brush-bordered epithelium ( ) (iii) Lining of trachea
(d) Salivary gland ( ) (iv) Skin
(e) Ciliated Epithelium ( ) (v) Cuboidal epithelium
Ans. a-iv, b-i, c-ii, e-iii
INTEXT QUESTIONS 5.4
- Name the different types of cells found in the different types of connective tissue.
Ans. Firbroblasts – areolar
Macrophages – areolar
Mast cells – areolar
Cartilage cells / chondrocyte –chondrocyte-cartilage
Bone cells/osteocyte – bone
Blood cells/WBC RBC – blood
- Match the item in Column I with those in Column II, by writing the
corresponding serial number within brackets:
Column I Column II
a. Unstripped muscles ( ) (i) multinucleate
b. Myofibrils ( ) (ii) run parallel to each other in a striped
c. Sarcolemma ( ) (iii) cardiac muscles
d. Striped muscle ( ) (iv) outer tough membrane of a striped muscle
e. Branched myofibrils ( ) (v) involuntary
Ans. a (v); (b) (ii); c (iv); d (i); e. (iii)
INTEXT QUESTIONS 5.5
- What is the function of the nervous tissue?
- What is the direction of the “flow of impulse” within a nerve cell from its
dendrites to its axon end or from its axon end toward its dendrites?
Ans. Dendrite to the axon
- What are the following parts in a nerve cell?
(i) Cyton – cell-body
(ii) Dendrite – thin processes of cyton
(iii) Axon – Sensory Fibre
(iv) Medullary sheath – medullary layer
(v) Node of Ranvier – interruptions in medullary sheath
INTEXT QUESTIONS 5.6
- Rearrange the following levels of organizations in their correct sequences:-
tissue, cell, organ, organism, organ system.
Ans. Cell, tissue, organ, organ system, organism
NIOS 12th class biology Q Ans
- Origin and Evolution of Life & Classification : 12th Class Biology Notes – NIOS
- The Kingdoms Monera, Protista & Fungi : 12th Class Biology Notes – NIOS
- Kingdoms Plantae & Animalia : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 3 – NIOS
- Cell Structure & Function : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 4 – NIOS
I hope you liked this post (Tissues and others level of organization). Be sure to subscribe to receive all new posts from this blog straight to your email inbox. Like my Facebook page to get notifications of similar posts on Facebook.
If you have any problem in understanding –Tissues & Others Level of Organization : 12th Class Biology Question Answer Lesson 5 – NIOS, then write in the comment box below.